Thursday, April 5, 2012

Essence Nail Art Kit - Marble Mania

The current essence collection on stand is the marble mania collection, I picked up the nail art kit yesterday and none of the polishes, they weren't really floating my boat. The full details of the collection are available here.  I thought I'd do a quick post as the collections can move quite fast. 

Essence Marble Mania
The kit contains 2 orange sticks, 2 pieces of sponge and a stripper brush.  The pink card also contains instructions for use of the stripper brush, the sponges and a how to marble.

marble mania

The stripper brush. 


Essence stripper brush


And a close up. 

Essence stripper brush

The bristles are extremely long and fine, and I'm not sure they are stiff enough to accurately control the brush. I've only had a very quick play with the brush but found it hard to control and a little bit floppy. Perhaps, with a bit of practice I'll get better.  However, I caveat the last statement with the fact that I'm extremely challenged when it comes to nail art, so it is probably me that is rubbish and not the brush!

I've added a picture to show the brush in comparison to a regular nail varnish brush (Cult Nails top coat), so you can see the difference in size.


 The nail art kit retails for €2.79, so it's as cheap pick me up. I need a bit more time to play with it to decide if it's worth it, but for €2.79, I won't be crying if I don't get too much use out of it!  


3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these yet, Longford is so far behind with Essence it's unreal, as of two weeks ago Dunnes still have the Ballerina Backstage collection!! Dire. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have to say does it not look like theyre totally making money off the back of a trend.....I cant wait to see if its effective .... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the versatile award!! =) yay!! go to my blog for the details


    http://hiiyooitscat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete