Saturday, November 13, 2010

ELF Metal Madness

Today's NOTD is ELF Metal Madness. This is one of the polishes ELF released for Christmas.  The base colour of this is a metallic charcoal colour, and it contains holographic micro-glitter. The base colour it's self is lovely and applies with out brush strokes which some metallic colours seem to suffer from. The holo micro-glitter (I'm calling it micro glitter because it's so small, if it wasn't holo, I think I'd be inclined to call it a shimmer?!) is subtle and in certain lights, it really pops. 


First, some bottle pictures to show you the holo. 
e.l.f. metal madness

A lot of time the polish looks like this, a lovely dark grey metallic, 
e.l.f. metal madness

But bring it in to the right light. 
e.l.f. metal madness





I wore this for about 5 days and it wasn't really until the 5th day that I started to notice tipwear. The application was fine, the elf brush is generally ok, unless you get one with a few stray hairs. This, and a few of the polishes I got in this order, seemed liked they'd been over filled, there was polish on the outside of the bottle and on the threads, the bottles were full, and there was no obvious spillage. (The elf polishes come in boxes, so it would be obvious if the spillage had happened in transit - leading me to think they were overfilled)  For £1.50 this is a lovely polish although if the holo was more pronounced this would be amazing! 


What do you think of this one? Have you tried any of the ELF Christmas polishes?

6 comments:

  1. that's a beautiful colour, I haven't seen anything like it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYCLady - it's really nice particularly for less than €2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this. Will have to purchase. Have you located any Isa Dora Nail Graffiti yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this, didn't even realize it was a semi holo! Thanks so much!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Polished Emily: Have fun! It's amazing for the price, considering polish companies are always saying holo pigments are so expensive. Glad the post helped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I wanted some of the China Glaze OMG collection because they're amazing, but the only place I've ever seen them (Sally's) has them for like $8 a piece! I'm so pumped for my Elf order to come, I was bad and bought 11 bottles. lmao.

    ReplyDelete