Thursday, July 28, 2011

17 Lemon Soda

Today's NOTD is 17 Lemon Soda, a yellow pastel cream from Boots cheap, cheerful and on trend brand 17. I picked this up ages ago but it was still on their website when I checked, so I think it's still available.  The picture below was taken with the flash but it is pretty colour accurate (I did take pictures in natural light but my cuticles were so horrible I couldn't possibly bring myself to show you!!!) 





Application wise - This wasn't great but it also was not as bad it as I thought it was going to be. Pastels are historically tricky to apply, as are yellows, so let's face it, it was never going to be easy! The pictures show 3 coats and most of the issues were evened out by then, the coat of Seche Vite on top didn't hurt matters either!  This wore well and I think I got about 5 days wear out of it before there was chippage (Surely this is a word?! If not it should be!). 


I know yellows are a bit of a marmite issue with people so what do you think?  I think this was one of the nicer yellows out there. Are there any other yellows you'd suggest?

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a nice yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only did a post this week with a great trick for applying pastels! Won't be cheeky & post link but its to use a white base coat!! On my blog if anyone fancies a goo :)

    This definitely compliments your skin tone, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I usually hate yellows but I love pastel ice cream colours on nails

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Veronica!

    I saw your post it was fab! in case anyone else is interested it's here http://cherrysuedointhedo.blogspot.com/2011/07/nail-tip-for-summer-pastels-crazy-neons.html

    Off ye go and read it!

    ReplyDelete