Monday, March 7, 2011

China Glaze Hey Doll

Today's NOTD is China Glaze's Hey Doll, from their autumn collection called Vintage. This definitely one I wouldn't pick for myself, so unsurprisingly this is one that I recieved from my sister for Christmas.  The colour of this one is quite hard to describe, but it's a coppery colour with a bit of pink in it, like if you could get rose copper, in the same way you get rose gold. (This was the most descriptive way I could come up, I'm sure there's a much better way to describe this colour!) The polish is a foil finish.  On to the pictures which can describe the colour much better than I.








The application of this was perfect, and none of those brush marks which are synomous with this type of finish. I ended up wearing this for nearly a week and the wear was perfect.


All in all, this one impressed me, when I first saw it I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it won me over in the end. The colour is quite work appriopriate and the application and wear are both good!

3 comments:

  1. What a fab colour, so pretty.

    Cornflakegirlxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornflakegirl - I really wasn't expecting to like it but I really did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, usually not a colour I would go for but that is fabulous! X

    ReplyDelete