Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Barry M Dusty Mauve

Today's post is Barry M's Dusty Mauve, which is one of the many dupe for Chanel Paradoxal. The polish is a smokey purple colour with purple shimmer running through it, as seen in this close up of the bottle. 



I expected to love this as I loved it in the bottle, I loved swatches I saw on other blogs  and the base colour of the polish is very similar to Models Own Purple Grey, which I loved, but actually I wasn't a fan, the only reason I can come up with is that I felt that it pulled quite brown on me a lot of the time - I guess this is something to do with my skin tone.  The application was great. The wear was really disappointing on this I had a chip on one nail the first day, quickly followed by a lot of tipwear and a lot more chips.   So, for once with a Barry M polish,  colour me not impressed!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Lady,
    I felt exactly the same until @cornflakegirl suggested a Gosh Rainbow topcoat!
    If you have it, try it & wait for awesomeness ;)

    CherrySue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CherrySue - I never even thought about that I bet it's nice like that. To be honest I just wanted to take it off, but might give it a second chance!

    ReplyDelete